We have an exciting opportunity for a trainee/experienced Concrete Batcher to join our growing team, based in Long Gully and other ASQ locations.
- Family-owned and operated business
- Competitive hourly rate + 25% Casual Loading
- Casual role with the potential to become permanent full-time
- Training and Development opportunities available
- Great management and team culture
ASQ Premix Concrete supplies a range of concrete mixes to suit all commercial, industrial and domestic projects made to VicRoads and Australian standards. We offer a broad product range for small domestic jobs right through to large commercial projects, which are serviced by our concrete plants located in Bendigo and Newbridge.
About the role:
Reporting to the Premix Plant Manager, the Concrete Batcher is responsible for ensuring the highest quality premix mix concrete delivered to meet our customers' needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with ASQ Workplace Health Safety and Environment (WHSE) Management System
- Exceptional customer service
- Maintain presentation of concrete agitator trucks and ancillary equipment
- Batch concrete to specific mix designs via our u-batch computer system
- Allocation of trucks and deliveries, ensuring customers delivery requirements are met
- Essential day to day administration
- Front end loader & Forklift operation
- Management of raw material stock levels
- Perform general plant maintenance
- General labouring & yard duties
Other tasks involved are loader driving and, when needed, a relief driver for concrete agitator trucks.
- Good understanding of chain of responsibility legislation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive and confident customer interaction
- Honesty and Integrity
- Confident computer skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethics
Required education and certifications:
- Experience preferred but not required of driving an agitator truck
- Heavy Rigid or Heavy Combination licence
- Loader and forklift licences
- First Aid would be advantageous
All positions are subject to the completion of medicals, including drug and alcohol screening. Only successful candidates will be contacted. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.