- Permanent, Full-time role
- Competitive Salary + Super
- Challenging and rewarding role in a family owned and operated business
- Ability to work flexible hours is desirable
- Location: Newbridge, VIC
ASQ is a locally owned, family-operated business, which has been serving Central Victoria since 1970. ASQ Assets provides a one stop shop for all fleet and maintenance services to the ASQ Group to ensure our fleet of trucks, vehicles, heavy plant equipment and machinery is maintained and operating safely and efficiently.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Diesel Mechanic to work within our Maintenance team at our Quarry in Newbridge. The Diesel Mechanic is responsible for the day to day safe and efficient running of the mechanical workshop to ensure that the fleet, plant, vehicles and equipment are serviced and maintained in a timely manner. Take pride in your work and be self-motivated!
In this role you will:
- Repair, modify, and maintain company vehicles, crushing plant, and other equipment.
- Conduct preventative maintenance checks.
- Key contact for breakdowns, including onsite and on road after business hours
- Complete Take 5s and Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS) where applicable
- Assist in the procurement of all inventory in relation to the maintenance of all vehicle and mobile plant and equipment throughout all ASQ sites/locations
- Ensure all work orders are completed efficiently in a timely manner
- Comply with our Workplace Health, Safety & Environment Management system
- Other general mechanical duties as required
Key Selection Criteria:
- Minimum 5 years experience as a fully qualified diesel mechanic
- Have completed a trade qualification in diesel mechanics
- Have experience in road transport and/or earthmoving equipment maintenance
- Be capable of working without supervision and as part of a team
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to delivering high-quality work
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Safety conscious
- Experience with diesel vehicles and heavy plant and machinery is desirable
- Auto electrical experience and holding a manual driving license and Heavy Combination (HC) Truck license is advantageous
All positions are subject to completion of Medicals and drug and alcohol screening. Only successful candidates will be contacted. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why work for ASQ?
ASQ is a proud employer of over 100 staff working across seven sites within our organisation. Being a locally owned, family operated business we aim to foster a family friendly workplace and are committed to the health and wellbeing of our staff and working environment.
- Complete regular training to advance your knowledge
- Work on a large fleet of vehicles including Mack, Volvo, Komatsu, Hino, Hitachi, UD
- Travel around Central Victoria to our various sites
- Enjoy above award wages