We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Plant Operator to join our growing team, based in Bendigo and working across other ASQ locations.
- Family-owned and operated business | Great management and team culture
- Full time role
- Competitive above award rates + superannuation
- Primarily based at Eaglehawk site but must be able to work away from home when mobile crushing jobs arise.
ASQ is a locally owned, family-operated business, which has been servicing Central Victoria since 1970. The business consists of three divisions: ASQ Allstone Quarries, ASQ Premix Concrete and ASQ Garden & Landscape. This diversity enables ASQ to provide products, expertise and solutions for a wide range of domestic, commercial and industrial projects, both locally and throughout Victoria.
Our quarry produces and supplies quality crushed rock and aggregate materials to Bendigo and the surrounding district. We maintain large stockpiles of our products and our sales team provides a fast and safe turnaround. We also offer a mobile crushing operation in addition to the fixed plant, which is located at Newbridge.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Plant Operator to operate fixed and mobile quarry plants at our ASQ Eaglehawk site and other locations as new job arises. You will be a team player and eager to learn and further develop your skillset, have a safety focus and positive attitude.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Plant Operator’s responsibilities include but not limited to:
- General labouring
- Operating Mobile Plant
- Operating Crushing Plant
- Safe and efficient operation of all plant and equipment as directed
This position may involve working with Crystalline Silica, for more information click here. For more information on the role, download the Position Description below.
The successful candidate must have:
- Experience in operating an excavator, dump truck, loader and/or dozer
- Knowledge and understanding of quarry, construction or mining industries
- Must hold Work Safely or Industry Induction Card
- Must hold a valid manual drivers licence
- Ability to work weekends and public holidays as required
- Must be safety-conscious and committed to safe work practices.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, a courteous and polite manner.
- Positive and confident customer interaction and strong work ethics
All positions are subject to the completion of medicals, including drug and alcohol screening. Only successful candidates will be contacted. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org