Retail Nursery Sales Assistant
About ASQ Garden & Landscape
ASQ Garden & Landscape is a locally owned and operated business supplying a large range of landscaping and horticultural needs for the novice gardener through to the professional landscaper.
Operating five unique sites across Central Victoria, our landscape supply yards and garden nurseries located in Bendigo, Harcourt, Castlemaine and Maryborough are presented and maintained to the highest industry standard. Our sites are operated by professional, qualified staff who deliver expert advice, knowledge and services to our retail and trade customers.
About the position
We are looking for an experienced Retail Nursery Sales Assistant who is customer focused and passionate about horticulture to work primarily from our Maryborough nursery. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing excellent customer service and appropriate horticultural advice
- Ensuring all nursery products are maintained and presented to a high standard
- Complying with ASQ’s Workplace Health, Safety and Environment management system
Why work for ASQ?
ASQ is a proud employer of over 100 staff working across seven sites within our organisation. Being a locally owned, family operated business we aim to foster a family friendly workplace and are committed to the health and wellbeing of our staff and working environment
- Develop your career in a growing industry
- Participate in ongoing training and professional development
- Work for a company which offers opportunities for growth
The successful applicant will have proven retail experience, a passion for horticulture and be able to provide positive and confident customer interaction. They will be a highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic and the ability perform manual duties.
Other key attributes include:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exemplary personal presentation
- POS knowledge/experience an advantage
- Good organizational skills
- Must be able to follow directions
- Fit and healthy
- Able to work days, evenings, and weekends as necessary