Sales Assistant / Nursery Hand
Our Garden & Landscape team is looking for experienced Sales Assistant/Nursery Hands who are customer-focused and passionate about horticulture. We are also looking for an experienced Barista, to work at our café and at the sales counters as required.
- Multiple Vacancies Available – Barista and Sales Assistant/ Nursery
- Hand positions available.
- Permanent, Full-time roles
- Competitive above award hourly rates + Super | Offers workplace flexibility
- Ability to work on weekends and public holidays as required; Penalty rates apply
- A great opportunity to work in a reputable family-owned and operated business
- Location: Castlemaine, VIC
ASQ is a locally owned, family-operated business, which has been servicing Central Victoria since 1970.
ASQ Garden & Landscape is a locally owned and operated business supplying a large range of landscaping and horticultural needs for the novice gardener through to the professional landscaper. Our landscape supply yards, and garden nurseries located in Bendigo, Castlemaine and Maryborough are presented and maintained to the highest industry standard and are operated by professional, qualified staff who deliver expert advice, knowledge and services to our retail and trade customers.
About the role
We are looking for experienced Sales Assistant/Nursery Hands and or an experienced Barista to work at our Café and at the sales counter as required, to fill multiple vacancies currently available. The ideal candidate will be customer-focused and passionate about horticulture to work primarily from our Castlemaine nursery.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing excellent customer service and appropriate horticultural advice
- Ensuring all nursery products are maintained and presented to a high standard
- Complying with ASQ’s Workplace Health, Safety, and Environment management system
The General Retail Industry Award- Level 1, 2 or 3 will apply to the role based on the employees’ skills and experience against the award classification descriptor.
Why work for ASQ?
ASQ is a proud employer of over 100 staff working across seven sites within our organisation. Being a locally owned, family operated business we aim to foster a family friendly workplace and are committed to the health and wellbeing of our staff and working environment.
- Develop your career within a growing local company
- Participate in ongoing training and professional development
- Workplace Flexibility
- Inclusive environment
- Staff discount on products at our retail stores
Key Selection Criteria
The successful candidate will have a passion for horticulture, be able to provide positive and confident customer interaction, and the ability to perform manual duties.
- Must have proven retail experience
- Previous experience as Horticulturist and or Barista is desirable.
- Knowledge/ experience in nursery and landscape products
- Experience using Point of Sales (POS) systems
- Able to work weekends and public holidays as required
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines/customer requirements and follow directions
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and exemplary personal presentation
Education, Certification and Licences required:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Horticulture or appropriate industry training courses (desirable)
- Loader license/experience (desirable)
- Valid drivers license (preferably manual)
All positions are subject to the completion of medicals, including drug and alcohol screening. Only successful candidates will be contacted. For more information, please email email@example.com.