Sales Assistant and Nursery Hand
ASQ Garden & Landscape is looking for an experienced Sales/Nursery Assistant who is customer focused and passionate about horticulture.
- A great opportunity to work in a reputable family-owned and operated business
- Permanent, Part-time role – 24-30 hours per week based on your availability.
- Must have availability to work on Saturdays.
- Be part of an organization that offers workplace flexibility
- Competitive above award rates + Super
- Location: Eaglehawk, VIC
ASQ is a locally owned, family-operated business, which has been servicing Central Victoria since 1970. The business consists of three divisions: ASQ Allstone Quarries, ASQ Premix Concrete and ASQ Garden & Landscape. This diversity enables ASQ to provide products, expertise and solutions for a wide range of domestic, commercial and industrial projects, both locally and throughout Victoria.
ASQ Garden & Landscape is a locally owned and operated business supplying a large range of landscaping and horticultural needs for the novice gardener through to the professional landscaper. Operating four unique sites across Central Victoria, our landscape supply yards and garden nurseries located in Bendigo, Castlemaine and Maryborough are presented and maintained to the highest industry standard. Our sites are operated by professional, qualified staff who deliver expert advice, knowledge and services to our retail and trade customers.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Nursery/ Sales Assistant who is customer-focused and passionate about horticulture to work primarily from our Eaglehawk nursery. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Providing excellent customer service and appropriate horticultural advice
- Ensuring all nursery products are maintained and presented to a high standard
- Complying with ASQ’s Workplace Health, Safety, and Environment management system
For more information on the role, download the Position Description below.
Why work for ASQ?
ASQ is a proud employer of over 100 staff working across seven sites within our organisation. Being a locally owned, family operated business we aim to foster a family friendly workplace and are committed to the health and wellbeing of our staff and working environment.
- Develop your career within a growing company
- Participate in ongoing training and professional development
- Work for a company which offers opportunities for growth
- Workplace Flexibility
- Inclusive environment
- Staff discount on products at our retail stores
Key Selection Criteria
The successful candidate will have a passion for horticulture, be able to provide positive and confident customer interaction, and the ability to perform manual duties.
Only applications with a cover letter addressing the below Key Selection Criteria will be considered.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Horticulture or appropriate industry training courses
- Must have proven retail experience
- Knowledge/ experience in nursery and landscape products
- Experience using Point of Sales (POS) systems.
- Ability to work day, evening and weekend shifts
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines/ customer requirements and follow directions.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and exemplary personal presentation
All positions are subject to the completion of medicals, including drug and alcohol screening. Only successful candidates will be contacted. For more information, please email email@example.com