Are you an experienced Horticulturalist with a passion for creating thriving garden and landscape environments? Do you have proven retail experience and strong leadership skills? ASQ Garden & Landscape Pty Ltd is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our team as a Site Supervisor.
- Permanent, Full-time role
- Must be available to work the full-time hours from Sunday to Thursday, and weekends as required.
- Competitive above award hourly rates + Super;
- Develop your career with a growing company
- Location: Eaglehawk (Bendigo), VIC
ASQ Garden & Landscape is an integral division within the ASQ group, providing a professional network of retail and trade outlets. We distribute our own products and complement this with other quality garden and landscape items, offering an extensive range for our customers. With a commitment to maintaining the highest industry standards, our sites are operated by qualified staff delivering expert advice, knowledge, and services.
About the role:
As a Site Supervisor, you will be instrumental in ensuring the safe and efficient daily operation of our primary nursery facility. Situated alongside the Recycling Yard and Mobile Crushing Plant at our Eaglehawk Garden & Landscape site, this role may require overseeing the yard as needed. Reporting directly to the Site Manager, you will lead a team of sales assistants, nursery hands, and site workers, ensuring a commitment to high standards of customer service, product presentation, and adherence to safety protocols.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Ensure Compliance: Maintain a culture of safety first; ensuring compliance with ASQ policies and procedures, with a focus on Operational and Workplace Health, Safety, and Environment (WHSE) management systems.
- Daily Operation of the Site: Oversee the safe and efficient daily operation, including customer service, negotiation with suppliers, and maintaining optimum product conditions.
- Supervision and Training: Manage staff, approve timesheets, participate in recruitment, and provide training and feedback to ensure a motivated and well-prepared team.
- Conflict Resolution: Handle conflicts within the team promptly and professionally, fostering a positive work environment.
- Task Allocation: Efficiently allocate tasks to staff based on their strengths and expertise, ensuring smooth daily operations.
- Input into Plant Ordering: Provide valuable insights and suggestions for plant orders, contributing to the diverse and appealing product range.
- Build Relationships with Suppliers: Cultivate strong and positive relationships with suppliers to enhance product quality and availability.
Why work for ASQ?
ASQ is a proud employer of over 100 staff working across seven sites within our organisation. Being a locally owned, family operated business we aim to foster a family friendly workplace and are committed to the health and wellbeing of our staff and working environment.
- Develop your career within a growing company
- Workplace Flexibility
- Inclusive environment
- Staff discount on products at our retail stores
All positions are subject to the completion of medicals, including drug and alcohol screening. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.